Media Blasting is the process of preparing metal,glass or plastic surfaces. Media, such as aluminum oxide, glass bead, ceramic bead and plastic grit is propelled at a high velocity to efficiently remove paint, rust, corrosion, mill scale, burrs from machining, or weld slag. It is also used to create a surface profile for paint, or an even, satin finish for polishing.
At Radiant, we provide media blasting as part of the powder coating process. In addition we offer blasting as a separate service for other surface preparation, such as cleaning aluminum or high tolerance machined parts, de-burring from CNC or 3D printing, or prepping a part for liquid paint or hydro-graphics.
Call us today or fill out a request form to get started.
- Blast Cabinet #1 90″ x 48″ x 36″
- Blast Cabinet #2 33″ x 22″ x 22″
- Blast Cabinet #3 60″ x 36″ x 26″
- 86 CFM 20 HP Compressor with #4 blast nozzle. Large items or heavily rusted or painted items may need to be sent out to be economical. We will review your options and recommend the best course of action.
- Media blasting is priced per hour depending on part condition and media
||Flat,Medium (50/70 grit) to Fine Texture (80/100 grit)|