Media Blasting is the process of preparing metal, glass or plastic surfaces. Media, such as aluminum oxide, glass bead, ceramic bead and plastic grit is propelled at a high velocity to efficiently remove paint, rust, corrosion, mill scale, burrs from machining, or weld slag. It is also used to create a surface profile for paint, or an even, satin finish for polishing.
At Radiant, we provide media blasting as part of the powder coating process. In addition we offer blasting as a separate service for other surface preparation, such as cleaning aluminum or high tolerance machined parts, de-burring from CNC or 3D printing, or prepping a part for liquid paint or hydro-graphics.
Call us today or fill out a request form to get started.
- Blast Room 14′ x 10′ x 10′
- Blast Cabinet #2 33″ x 22″ x 22″
- Blast Cabinet #3 60″ x 36″ x 26″
- 50 HP Compressor with #5 blast nozzle.
- Media blasting is priced per hour depending on part condition and media
||Flat, Medium (50/70 grit) to Fine Texture (80/100 grit)|